ODTÜ Tandem is starting this semester. Registrations are until March 10, 2016.
What is Tandem Language Learning Method?
It is a language learning partnership where two people with different native languages meet regularly to learn each other’s language and culture.
- Provides the opportunity to learn from a native speaker.
- The program is shaped according to the learner’s own learning needs.
- It is the learner who decides on where and when to study.
- Materials / topics to be covered are chosen by the learner.
- Based on interaction: enables socialization.
- Creates opportunities to learn about a different culture closely.
- Helps the learner to be more aware of his/her native language and own culture.
- Helps learners to develop individual language learning skills.
- Based on the principles of life-long learning.
- Free of charge.
Students who would like to get more information and participate in the program can visit our website at www.tandem.ydyom.metu.edu.tr
Who can join?
All ODTÜ students who know a foreign language at minimum A2+ level (CEFR) and All foreign students who are visiting ODTÜ (e.g.: Erasmus students) and who are learning or wish to learn Turkish.
How to apply?
To apply for Tandem please download and fill in the application form at our website: www.tandem.ydyom.metu.edu.tr.
Then, submit the print-out to MM Building 3rd Floor, Office: 313 OR S Building 1st Floor, Office: 102.