ODTÜ Tandem will start in the Fall semester of 2015/16 Academic Year. Registrations are between 1 and 7 October, 2015. There will be an Introduction session for those who would like to learn more about ODTÜ Tandem.
Introduction to Tandem
Date: 21 May 2015
Time: 12:45 – 13:15
Place: MM 316
Who can join?
All ODTÜ students who are at grade 2 or above and know a foreign language at A2 level (CEFR) and all foreign students who are visiting ODTÜ (e.g.: Erasmus students) and who are learning or wish to learn Turkish.
What is Tandem Language Learning Method?
It is a language learning partnership where two people with different native languages meet regularly to learn each other’s language and culture.
- Provides the opportunity to learn from a native speaker.
- The program is shaped according to the learner’s own learning needs.
- It is the learner who decides on where and when to study.
- Materials / topics to be covered are chosen by the learner.
- Based on interaction: enables socialization.
- Creates opportunities to learn about a different culture closely.
- Helps the learner to be more aware of his/her native language and own culture.
- Helps learners to develop individual language learning skills.
- Based on the principles of life-long learning.
- Free of charge.